Re: problem with accessing or creating a database..

From: "Alexander Jochum" <DarkCloud14(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with accessing or creating a database..
Date: 2004-11-26 13:18:06
Lists: pgsql-novice
Nevermind I've really missed the section "Database Users and Privileges"
With the username postgres it worked fine..

Sorry for the mail...

"Alexander Jochum" <DarkCloud14(at)web(dot)de> schrieb am 26.11.04 14:09:39:

Hi,

I've installed the new Postgresql 8 Beta 5 on my webserver
but I can't create or access a database.

When I just type pgsql in the Linux bash I'll get the following error:
psql: FATAL:  database "root" does not exist

Ok then I tried to access the template1 database and
here I'll get always the following error:

psql: FATAL:  user "root" does not exist

How do I create a new user account so I can access, create
new databases with it ?!?

I didn't find anything about that in the documentation or
maybe I've missed it...

THX anyway..

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Aarni RuuhimäkiDate: 2004-11-26 13:52:31