Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException

From: Andrew M <andrew(at)jibeya(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException
Date: 2004-12-11 15:50:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Ok,
so the best I can do at the moment, in terms of ssl on postgresql via
JDBC, is to use an unauthenticated connection!? Is man in the middle a
real concern, as the data in the tables will be encrypted?

My setup is:

{web|client}------->apache2---------<authenticted
ssl>--------->jbiss4---------<unauthenticated ssl>-------->postgresql

regards