Re: what about PostgreSQL certification ?

From: "Fred Moyer" <fred(at)redhotpenguin(dot)com>
To: "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: simone(dot)brunozzi(at)wedoit(dot)us, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: what about PostgreSQL certification ?
Date: 2005-01-14 06:12:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
>> I was curious to know your point of view about pgsql certifications,
>> both "alone" or inserted inside a wider certification (for example,
>> sysadmin certification, that includes apache, postfix, postgresql).
>
> We (Software Research Associates, Inc.: HQ in Tokyo, Japan) will
> launch a world wide PostgreSQL certification program in the near
> future. As someone has already pointed out, it needs great
> effort. However we believe it would help to make PostgreSQL more
> popular.

I went to the Big Nerd Ranch (http://bignerdranch.com) about a year ago
for their PostgreSQL Bootcamp.  I had been using PostgreSQL at the time
for four years, and I came away with a more complete knowledgebase that I
had going in.  The workload is intense, and the curriculum is mature.

I'd recommend it to any company out there looking to get their dba's
certified on PostgreSQL.