Re: system timezone regression failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: system timezone regression failure
Date: 2009-07-28 19:12:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Building 8.4 on a client's system, I get a regression failure apparently
> due to some difference between the system's timezone DB and what out
> regression tests expect, as shown below.

Those regression tests were *intentionally* set up to fail if someone's
TZ support is not Y2038 clean. This is not a bug. Advise your client
to get some less-obsolete timezone data files; or don't depend on the
system TZ database. (The only reason why you should do so is if it's
being kept up to date, eh?)