Vita Voom Software just released a new version of pgExpress Driver:
v1.00. This is the final 1.0 release - the beta period is over. Of
course it will still be updated as always.
The Vita Voom pgExpress PostgreSQL dbExpress Driver is a Borland
Kylix/Delphi 6+ Driver that directly access PostgreSQL 7.1+ databases:
no ODBC layer is needed. It can access PostgreSQL 7.1+ databases, use
almost all field types, and is compliant to the Borland specifications
of dbExpress drivers.
The pgExpress Driver is the core of the pgExpress Suite of
components, which provides the widest range of support to accessing
Changes in this version include:
* ADDED - MultiByte (Localization) support. Now the pgExpress is able
to support localizations using the libpq MultiByte support. Please
refer to the documentation for more details.
* CHANGED - Several internal optimizations.
* CHANGED - TEXT fields are now mapped as Memo fields. This will make
them much more efficient in terms of memory utilization and enhance the
application's performance. Please refer to our FAQ for more
* CHANGED - Now the driver uses a smarter algorithm to detect thousands
and decimal separators automatically.
* CHANGED - Binary BLOB fields are marked read only. This change have to
be made because there is no reliable way to update the PostgreSQL
Large Objects on dbExpress (due to the OID nature of the Large
* FIXED - Fixed some UPDATE bugs.
* FIXED - Fixed NUMERIC field bug that could be raised on some
conditions (scale was scale + 4 making the fields appear to be divided
* FIXED - Fixed ISQLMetadat.getColumns() method that got broken on
PostgreSQL 7.2 because the OID fields got optional. This makes the
internal VCL's SQL editor (that from the TSQLDataset.CommandText
property when CommandType=ctQuery) and the TSQLDataset.GetColumns()
method work again.
For checking the pgExpress page in our web site, and downloading it,
please go to http://www.vitavoom.com/Products/pgExpress_Driver/index.html.
Thanks for your attention.
Vita Voom Software
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Bruce Momjian||Date: 2002-08-01 17:13:51|
|Subject: Open Source in Government seminar|
|Previous:||From: Marc G. Fournier||Date: 2002-07-22 16:31:52|
|Subject: New Online Store / PgWear|