Re: BUG #7676: pgSocketCheck dosen`t return

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: yongchao(dot)xu(at)newtouch(dot)cn
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7676: pgSocketCheck dosen`t return
Date: 2012-11-20 14:47:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

yongchao(dot)xu(at)newtouch(dot)cn writes:
> I have this problem today: one thread of our application hung, and
> we found the thread waiting for the result of poll() function. poll()
> was called by pgSocketCheck(). So is it a bug of pg?

So far as anyone can tell, this trace just indicates that the
application is waiting for a response from the server. If there's
a bug there, you'd need to provide more or different information to
prove it. I think more likely you need to be consulting
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions