Re: proposal: a new mailing list for biomedical postgresql ( pgsql-bio )

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Erik" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-10-05 16:35:49
Lists: pgsql-www
"Erik" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
> I would like to propose a dedicated mailing list for the usage of PostgreSQL
> in biological/biomedical application - a good name might be "pgsql-bio".

Given that the amount of such traffic in the past on the postgres lists
has been approximately zero, I can't see why we need such a list.
Our usual rule for establishing new lists has been to split out a
sub-topic that's taking too much space on pgsql-general, and this is
certainly far from qualifying.