Re: Generating random values.

From: Fernando Lujan <flujan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Generating random values.
Date: 2005-08-19 02:02:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/18/05, Mike Nolan <nolan(at)gw(dot)tssi(dot)com> wrote:

> As I indicated in my original response, there is no best answer to the
> issue of password choices, though there are probably a few 'worst'
> answers. :-)
>
> Once someone has established a password scheme, either randomly generated
> or user selected, it should not be that difficult to write routines to
> generate acceptable passwords or to enforce standards for user-generated
> passwords.

Good point Mike. In my case, for instance, the users will have the
opportunity to chance their password. There's no problems with
passwords which a user could remember. At least, the user will not
trouble you with a password reset requirement. :D

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.

Fernando Lujan