Client Authentication

From: "Stefan Sturm" <stefan(dot)s(dot)sturm(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Client Authentication
Date: 2008-04-18 06:41:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I set up a PostgreSQL 8.3.1 Server on my Webserver( located somewhere in the
web ).
On my local Server I use the trust method to access the server. But on my
Webserver I want to use an user with password to access the Server.
So I did the following:

I created a user( as superuser ) with:
createuser -P username

Then I add a new line to the pg_hba.conf file:
host all username 0.0.0.0 md5

I want to access all databases from all IP-Adresses with this user.

But this fails :-(

WHere is my Error? I hope some can help me.

Thanks and greetings,
Stefan Sturm