Adding a field in Path Structure and Plan Structure

From: Zichen Xu <xzckiller(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding a field in Path Structure and Plan Structure
Date: 2009-02-23 21:14:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Here is my problem and also the question. I'd like adding a field in
Path structure and Plan structure as follows:

typedef struct Path{
....bla bla bla

Cost energy_cost;

....bla bla bla

}

typedef struct Plan{
....bla bla bla

Cost energy_cost;

....bla bla bla

}

Also, I have modified the funscopy.c and every related place where the
other field total_cost appears. Right now, the compile is fine and
build is fine. However, everytime the server is running and I send a
query to the server, it crashed. as

psql:1.sql:23: server closed the connection unexpectedly
before or while processing the request.
psql:1.sql:23: connection to server was lost

Is there anyone who can help me with it?

Thanks very much~!

--
Zichen Xu - X.Z.C.
University of South Florida

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2009-02-23 21:21:47
Previous:From: Guillaume SmetDate: 2009-02-23 20:32:41
Subject: Re: Okay to change TypeCreate() signature in back branches?