NYC Opening

From: "Mercurio, Juliana" <jmercuri(at)teksystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NYC Opening
Date: 2008-11-12 20:44:40
Lists: pgsql-jobs
I have a 6 month Right to Hire (on site) position available with a Hedge
Fund in Midtown, New York City.  This description does not do the
position justice. You will be involved in full SDLC from working with
business users and being involved in application development and
database development and administration. Please email back with word
version resume! Thank you!

Principal Responsibilities:

*	Installation, configuration, upgrading and evaluation of
database server software and related products.
*	Establish and maintain sound backup and recover policies and
procedures.
*	Perform capacity planning.
*	Design and implement database architecture and design, including
SQL development.
*	Implement and maintain database security.
*	Monitor and evaluate database and application performance and
undertake appropriate database tuning efforts.
*	Implement and maintain data release processes
*	Setup and maintain documentation and standards

Requirements:

*	Strong track record of administering Postgres and Informix
databases in a Unix environment (Postgres is no longer a requirement,
but a huge plus. Any relational database experience is fine.)
*	Proficiency with SQL, scripting languages and relevant database
replication/backup tools
*	Undergraduate or Graduate degree with a high GPA in Computer
Science or Engineering from a top-tier school.
*	Highly motivated with a high sense of urgency and
accountability; strong accuracy and attention to detail.
*	A team player with excellent written and verbal communications
skills
*	Investment management industry experience

Best Regards,

Juliana Mercurio  Sr. Recruiter
757 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10017
888.256.9179  T 212.588.5820
F 212.588.5911 JMercuri(at)TEKsystems(dot)com

www.TEKsystems.com.com <http://www.TEKsystems.com.com>

The greatest compliment to our business is a referral. If you know of
someone within the IT and/or Telecom industry who is looking for work,
or who is hiring, TEKsystems can be of assistance.  Please feel free to
pass on our contact information.  Thank you!

TEKsystems - Rated #1 for seven consecutive years on ITSBR's (IT
Services Business Report) Top 20 IT Staffing List.

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Dmitry TurinDate: 2008-11-17 08:31:25