autovacuum

From: "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: autovacuum
Date: 2003-07-29 11:56:56
Lists: pgsql-performance
Shridhar wrote:
>There is an auto-vacuum daemon in contrib and if I understand it correctly,
>it is not getting much of a field testing. How about you guys installing it
>and trying it.

I'm one of those that has been running it; there are numerous test systems
around where it has been running off and on over the last few months.

The thing I keep reconstructing is the script to automatically start it
up.  It should get started shortly after the postmaster starts up; based
on variations on the systems I work with, there's a lot of variation on
how that gets handled, which hasn't let me see anything stabilize as the
Right Way to start it up :-(.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.smrytrebil@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.info/>

pgsql-performance by date

Previous:From: Shridhar DaithankarDate: 2003-07-29 07:21:30
Subject: Re: Optimization