SQLColumns does not allow schema name

From: <stephen(dot)hindmarch(at)bt(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQLColumns does not allow schema name
Date: 2009-09-24 14:40:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I came across this problem while trying to debug another application
that uses unix ODBC to access a Postgresql database. The application
uses the SQLColumns function to describe tables. When the table is in
the public schema and the table name is given just as "tname" then the
columns are returned. When the table is given as "public.tname" then the
request returns empty.

You can reproduce this in isql. If you connect to the database and do
"help tname" you get the columns listed. If you try "help public.tname"
no rows are returned. Selects return the same results either way, so it
is just the description functions that appears broken.

I am using unixODBC-2.2.12-9, Postgresql-odbc-08.03.0200-1 and
Postgresql-server-8.3.8-1.

Steve Hindmarch
BT Design

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: AndrusDate: 2009-09-25 07:33:27