Re: Query performance on session table

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: Burak Seydioglu <buraks78(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query performance on session table
Date: 2007-06-28 21:38:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Jun 28, 2007, at 15:26 , Burak Seydioglu wrote:

> I am having performance issues with a table that holds session_data.
> This table is heavily updated and daily vacuumed.

If it's heavily updated, vacuuming once a day may not be enough. You
can elect to vacuum a single table.

What's the output of VACUUM VERBOSE session ?It should tell you how
many dead tuples were removed.

You may also want to consider using autovacuum to help keep your
session table fairly clean.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net