Select query order

From: Krithinarayanan Ganesh Kumar <krithinarayanan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select query order
Date: 2010-03-24 12:06:08
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All,

I am aware that Select query does not guarantee the order of the rows
returned ( The rows are returned in whatever order the system finds fastest
to produce).

Is there any way to SELECT the rows in the same order of insertion ? The
problem is there is no Primary Key in the table, I am having only a
composite key. So I cannot ORDER BY pk also.

I tried row_number() over () Window function but not of use

Thanks & Regards
Krithi

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Sean DavisDate: 2010-03-24 12:13:42