Re: Copy command-Out of memory error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nipuna <nipunajoset(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "ktm(at)rice(dot)edu" <ktm(at)rice(dot)edu>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy command-Out of memory error
Date: 2012-10-09 20:51:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Nipuna <nipunajoset(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM, ktm(at)rice(dot)edu <ktm(at)rice(dot)edu> wrote:
>> Did you check for quoting or escaping problems as Tom suggested, as well.

> Yes I did, there seems no problems.

Well, you've clearly got *some* problem, because COPY is evidently
thinking that the logical line continues across many physical lines.

If you're using CSV format then this would be easily explained by a
missing closing quote in some field. In traditional Postgres COPY
format it's harder to have a runaway line. But you've not given us any
details about the command or the data, so we really can't do more than
guess.