pgAdmin not starting my job

From: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin not starting my job
Date: 2009-04-24 19:48:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.3.7 with pdAdmin 1.8.4 on WinXPSP3.

I installed pgAdmin following the instructions here
<> and here

I created a batch file to do the backup. When logged in as Administrator
and running the batch file it works. When opening a command prompt as
user postgres [runas /user:postgres cmd.exe] and executing the batch
file it works, too.

For both users the password is set in
C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\postgresql\pgpass.conf

When registering the pgAgent service I use the postgres user account
that was created during the PostgreSQL installation process. The root
user for the database is also called postres.
pgAgent.exe INSTALL pgAgent -u postgres -p XXXXXX hostaddr= dbname=postgres user=postgres

The service is then manually started in the computer management
console. Successfully.

After setting up the job in pgAdminIII, I try to run it (via the
context menu) but nothing happens. "Nothing" means the backup is not
created, but the job status in pgAdmin is altered: "Last result" says
"Successful" and the "Last Run" time is updated.

The job was created as "Batch" kind and the batch script specified in
the job definition:

So the question is: what am I doing wrong?

The PostgreSQL log file does not give any hints, even with

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: stephen.j.brownDate: 2009-04-24 19:53:42