Re: Please, help me!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pavel Shmidt <cacadu(at)beep(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please, help me!
Date: 2002-08-30 14:50:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Pavel Shmidt <cacadu(at)beep(dot)ru> writes:
> $ createlang plperl dbname
> ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: ld.so.1:
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: libperl.so: open failed: No such file
> or directory
> createlang: language installation failed

It seems to be unhappy because it can't find libperl.so.

Do you have libperl built as a shared library? I'm not sure about perl
5.8, but in earlier perl releases it was never the default to build perl
as a shared library.

If you do have libperl.so, then the next probability is that the dynamic
linker doesn't know where to look for it. Make sure the postmaster is
started with an appropriate LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.