Re: Spam on the SFPUG entries

From: "Fred Moyer" <fred(at)redhotpenguin(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: "SF Postgres" <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Spam on the SFPUG entries
Date: 2004-09-28 01:46:17
Lists: sfpug
> Folks,
>
> I think I've deleted all the spam comments on SFPUG web site.
>
> However, for anyone with editing rights on SFPUG, please remember to mark
> your
> entry "Closed" for comments.
>
> Fred, is there any way to set this as the default?

On the new entry page there is a 'Customize this page link' which should
do what you need.  However I found a blacklist filter -
http://www.jayallen.org/projects/mt-blacklist/

I've installed the blacklist filter, and it successfully identified all
comments of a questionable or solicitary nature.  I've re-enabled the
comments for now.  I'd like to give this filter a go unless anyone has any
objections.  Comments are great for rsvp'ing etc.

HTH,

Fred

--
Fred Moyer