ODBC driver on NT client

From: "Jim O'Rourke" <JimO(at)Routescape(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC driver on NT client
Date: 2000-08-02 16:40:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all

Hope someone can assist. I'm currently running ODBC driver v6.5 against a
v7.0 backend on Aix 4.2.1.

Everythings been running great on Win 95/98 clients for a couple years (Win
2000 for a couple weeks), and I was hoping to begin using on NT40 clients as
well.

My problem is that 2 minute queries using 95/98/2k clients are taking over
30 minutes on bigger/better NT workstation platforms. I've set and reset
driver options to no avail. Seems to my untrained NT eye that the driver is
chowing memory, and starts heavy paging early in the query.

Any info would be appreciated . . .

Thanks

Jim