Re: index auto changes after copying data ?

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: index auto changes after copying data ?
Date: 2005-11-29 18:48:49
Lists: pgsql-performance
energumen(at)buaa(dot)edu(dot)cn ("energumen(at)buaa(dot)edu(dot)cn") writes:
> I know in mysql, index will auto change after copying data Of
> course, index will change after inserting a line in postgresql, but
> what about copying data?

Do you mean, by this, something like...

"Are indexes affected by loading data using the COPY command just as
they are if data is loaded using INSERT?"

If so, then the answer is "Yes, certainly."  Indexes are updated
whichever statement you use to load in data.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/finances.html