Re: control pg_hba.conf via SQL

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: control pg_hba.conf via SQL
Date: 2006-03-30 17:46:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers
tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane) writes:
> If your pg_hba.conf looks like
> 	host	all	all	0.0.0.0/32	md5
> there's not much call to update it dynamically ...

There's one case, where .pgpass got hosed, and you didn't have a
backup of it, and need to assign new passwords...

I once ran into a case like this, where nobody had bothered to record
the "postgres" user's password, and had to override md5 authentication
in order to get in and reset passwords...
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lisp.html