Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Second try committing the path changes.

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Second try committing the path changes.
Date: 2006-08-30 16:48:55
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org (Michael Meskes) writes:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 03:35:14PM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> >Ah. So this would have caused a bunch of problems in compiling
>> >src/interfaces/ecpg/test/connect/test1.pgc???
>
> Not the compilation errors I would think.
>
>> i'm seeing this error when compiling HEAD (updated at ago 29 15:16)
>
> This looks like you're using an old version of the parser. preproc.y was
> changed to handle empty database names and the the error you report is
> due to an empty db name.

I think the problem is that the latest version of preproc.c isn't
based on that version of preproc.y (or perhaps similarly with pgc.l/pgc.c).

If I touch preproc.y and pgc.l, the .c files get regenerated, and all
is well.

If I don't, they get left alone, and I see compilation errors.

It seems to me you need to rebuild the C files and commit them.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lsf.html