Re: Modifying TOAST thresholds

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Modifying TOAST thresholds
Date: 2007-04-27 13:30:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
bruce(at)momjian(dot)us (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> I have seen no one do peroformance testing of this, so it seems it
> will have to wait for 8.4.

I didn't have time...

I'll see if I can find a decent place to document how to tweak the
threshold, as that seems like it could be worth doing in cases where
it is known that there is benefit to TOASTing smaller tuples for one's
well-understood workload.

(e.g. - we've got a case where dropping the threshold to ~900 bytes
would give us a big win for certain databases and tables.)
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/unix.html