Re: Size of logfiles

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Size of logfiles
Date: 2007-05-21 14:44:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

p(dot)elmers(at)gmx(dot)de (Peter Elmers) writes:
> I have searched the web and am sorry to say that i found nothing
> about the default behavior of the log files of postgres.
>
> Can anyone tell me when postgres will delete the logfiles or what
> postgres automatically do with them?

Can you be a bit more precise about that?

There are the WAL log files; I expect you're not talking about that.

I expect you're talking about the log files containing error messages,
warnings, and such.

PostgreSQL will not, itself, purge out such files; consider that you
can configure it to distribute log information via syslog, which would
push the logs into a mostly OS-managed area.

You'll presumably want to figure out what YOU want your policy to be,
and find suitable tools (lots available) to implement that policy...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxfinances.info/info/linuxxian.html