Re: postgresql cluster on SAN

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql cluster on SAN
Date: 2005-09-27 04:20:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

robertngo(at)perridot(dot)com (Robert Ngo) writes:
> How about i have one SAN storage for the slony master node and
> another SAN to be share by slave nodes that only do SELECT?

That seems like a reasonable sort of idea...

> Can Dell|EMC AX100i iscsi san with sata drive serve as storage for
> postgresql server, will there be problem in I/O performance?

I would imagine that the SAN would provide better I/O performance than
having a couple of IDE drives; whether you'll have a "problem in I/O
performance" depends heavily on what kind of load the system will
experience.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/rdbms.html