Re: Fwd: File systems linux !!!

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: File systems linux !!!
Date: 2007-04-30 16:32:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

jafn82(at)gmail(dot)com ("jose fuenmayor") writes:
> Hi all, i need to install a database in postgres with high reading
> rates, which is the best file system to do that , I am working on
> linux. thanks in advance !!!!

For read rates, it should be fairly irrelevant what filesystem you
use. Access times will be dominated by reading the data, not in
processing filesystem metadata, if the filesystem is *at all*
competently implemented.

If you have any reason to consider one fileystem more *reliable* than
another, THAT would be the reason to prefer one over another.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "cbbrowne.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/fs.html