Re: Questions about PostgreSQL v8

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Questions about PostgreSQL v8
Date: 2005-02-04 22:44:52
Lists: pgsql-ports

hicham_berni(at)fr(dot)ibm(dot)com (Hicham Berni) writes:
> I would like know if i can find a PostgreSQL v8 for AIX ???

The sources are available, and I know it to compile using any of GCC,
VisualAge C, and VisualAge C++.

There's enough need to customize locations of binaries for such things as:

- Where you want to deploy PostgreSQL

- Threading choices (which matter quite a bit if you're using Slony-I
for replication)

- Some useful GNU extensions like libreadline

that it hasn't looked too useful to try to integrate this in with the
OS, but rather to have it live in an "application-defined" place that
pretty much mandates compiling at least once per site...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>