Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts
Date: 2006-12-20 18:38:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk (Kaare Rasmussen) writes:

> I'm not sure, but as far as I remember, it will be a short release cycle for
> 8.3 in order to finish some big items that couldn't be ready in time for 8.2.
>
> But which items are more or less expected for 8.3? I recall
> - Hierarchical Queries
> - On disk bitmap index
> - Clustered/replication solutions
>
> being discussed. What are on people's minds?

- WITH (recursive) queries
- Better handling of partitioning
- SQL:2003 windowing queries
- Discussion is under way on improvements to autovac
- Simon Riggs has "reuse of index tuples" under way
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/advocacy.html