Re: Curses interface

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Curses interface
Date: 2006-04-12 03:48:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com writes:
>> I'm looking for a curses tools to enter data into a PostgreSQL
>> database. Insert and delete tuples change the values of columns,
>> that sort of things.
>>
>> Detecting REFERENCES columns and presenting me with a list of
>> values culled from (SELECT * FROM referenced-table) would be a nice
>> plus.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> you may be looking for something different, but i
> think pgadmin3 can do all that - and more.

If I do not misrecall, pgadmin3 is an X-based application, running
atop some combination of WxWindows and GTk.

Curses is something else entirely.

The best chance would be if someone has done a binding of libpq to
S-Lang...  http://www.s-lang.org/modules/

I'm not aware that this has happened...

Another possibility would be scripting using the "dialog" tools...
<http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/2460>
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/curses.html