Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Windows CHM format for the documents

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Windows CHM format for the documents
Date: 2003-09-08 21:18:53
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers-win32

ilkka(at)visiomode(dot)com writes:
> I made a CHM that contains all those documents (6 of them) .. It's also in
> http://www.visiomode.com/help/pg/

Cool!

> I would be so happy if you wanted to take my software for the
> editing process .. :) But in any case, if there is use for those
> CHMs, that would be great too.

The source format of DocBook SGML is a whole lot more widely usable on
most of the platforms on which PostgreSQL runs, so I would hope that
your software has some sort of "batch mode" that can accept HTML (or
something like HTML) and transform it into .chm files. The preference
would only be likely to swing in your direction if PostgreSQL became
more prevalent on Windows than on Unix.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/advocacy.html