Re: Quick Reference Software Guide

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quick Reference Software Guide
Date: 2006-06-06 20:09:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

mdean(at)sourceview(dot)com (Michael Dean) writes:
> Greetings:
>
> Just a suggestion for future shows. Instead of non-relevant,
> non-utilitarian give-aways -- T-shirts, pins, etc., how about lets do
> a Quick Reference Software Guide such as those at
> quickstudycharts.com. The top 100 relevant urls could be included, I
> am sure pervasive, Edb and bizgres people would pay for short blurbs,
> etc. I'm guilty! -- i didn't pore over the website for previous
> similar suggestions. The idea is this -- many businesses go to
> Linuxworld, etc. to familiarize themselves with open source software,
> in the hopes there is something there they can adopt/adapt! Let them
> come away with a mysql T-shirt, and a postgresql study guide. I bet a
> lot of folks would be amazed at how SQLish postgresql is!

You know what I'd find really handy, in this vein?

A one page sheet that lists all of the standard stored functions,
categorized by area.

The book I most commonly keep around handy is _Practical PostgreSQL_,
where pages 176 thru 213 show usage info about the 'standard'
functions. Having that on one card would be invaluable...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/emacs.html