Re: PSQL support on HP-UX, Solaris and AIX

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PSQL support on HP-UX, Solaris and AIX
Date: 2007-05-09 13:40:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-ports

Sridhar(dot)Sourirajan(at)sas(dot)com ("Sridhar Sourirajan") writes:
> Is PostgreSQL supported on these UNIX platforms. When I go to
> www.postgresql.org, I only see binary downloads for Linux and
> Win32. How about for these other flavors of Unix? Thank you!

On the traditional commercial UNIX(tm) flavours, you'll need to build
it yourself.

It has tended to be the case that people prefer to do their own builds
on such platforms. For instance, we have some custom C types in use,
on our AIX systems, so we *have* to do our own builds - using provided
binaries would be nearly useless to us.

You might take a look at the build farm <http://pgbuildfarm.org/> to
see what platforms are being supported...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/x.html