Re: invalid input syntax for type timestamp.

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, "Joachim Wieland" <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>, Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: invalid input syntax for type timestamp.
Date: 2006-12-15 16:01:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org> writes:
>> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:48:50PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>>> I was doing the field test of Slony-I 1.2.2 release now.
>>> However, I encounter the problem of timestamp.:-(
>>> Was anyone recognizing this problem?
>
>> The list of accepted timezones is now configurable, check through the
>> docs how to find the list and set it the way you want.
>
> Yeah, but why the heck isn't JST in it by default? This seems to have
> slipped through the cracks, because I don't see it anywhere in any of
> the timezonesets/* files. Joachim?

Is it absolutely certain that this is missing by default?

Our QA guys were doing some 8.1 work this week, and were griping about
GMT being missing, which turned out to be the result of only part of a
build having been copied into place. (Apparently someone tried saving
space or some such thing; that's definitely a dumb idea!)
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>