Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file
Date: 2007-12-24 07:00:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au ("Phillip Smith") writes:
>> If doesn't have another way, how can I put the
>> "header" in the begin of file without open?
>> With "cat >>" command I put in the end.
>
> After the split files are loaded on the new server file system:
> cat splitfile*.txt > bigfile.txt
> psql < bigfile.txt
>

> THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this
>
> *******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************
>
> The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to
> the addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or
> responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy
> or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly
> notify the sender by reply email.
>
> Information in this message that does not relate to the official business
> of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta.
> Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable
> for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this
> message or any attachments
> e-mail.

You should think before you attach these sorts of "confidentiality" notices.

If you put them on messages like this that are *OBVIOUSLY* being sent
to publicly-available mailing lists, this may undermine future claims
of material being supposedly-confidential.

In other words, by WRONGLY attaching confidentiality notices, courts
might decide to ignore them even in cases where you imagined they
ought to be legitimate...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/x.html