restoring with pg_restore

From: "Didier Gasser-Morlay" <didiergm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: restoring with pg_restore
Date: 2008-04-23 16:21:16
Lists: pgsql-novice
Probably a silly question but if I restore with pg_restore to an
existing database I get several messages 'primary key violation' ...
clearly if I restore to a database I create for the occasion, this
does not happen.

Is it a good practice in order to have a reasonable level of security
to on a server drop and recreate a database every day ? would there be
any side effects things that could get corrupted in the long term. We
want to restore because we are using a separate server for the heavy
reporting we have so we are planning to backup and restore at least
every night.

Thanks for your thoughts

Didier

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Phillip SmithDate: 2008-04-23 23:34:45