Re: int2 vs int4 in Postgres

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: int2 vs int4 in Postgres
Date: 2005-09-26 21:47:19
Lists: pgsql-performance
truthhurts(at)insightbb(dot)com ("Announce") writes:
> I KNOW that I am not going to have anywhere near 32,000+ different
> genres in my genre table so why use int4?  Would that squeeze a few
> more milliseconds of performance out of a LARGE song table query
> with a genre lookup?

By the way, I see a lot of queries on tables NOT optimized in this
fashion that run in less than a millisecond, so it would seem
remarkable to me if there were milliseconds to be squeezed out in the
first place...
--
output = reverse("moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html