Re: slony / press??

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: slony / press??
Date: 2006-06-16 19:18:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com (Jussi Mikkola) writes:
> I have noticed, that Slony is about to have a new version soon. (I think
> some of the Slony people are on this list.)

You would think right...

Based on the paucity of complaints about the "pre-candidate," it
probably makes sense to start proposing release candidates soon.

> I was wondering, if pgsql-advocacy is going to do something around
> this?  For example press releases? I think replication is one of
> those things that people ask most, and a Slony press release would
> also bring more media space for postgresql.

We have release notes under way...

http://gborg.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/slony1-engine/RELEASE-1.2.0?rev=1.3;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=slony1

Certainly announcements on PostgreSQL fora are planned...

> I haven't seen any press related stuff on the Slony mailing list, so
> I don't know what the people working on Slony think about this.

We tend to send "press releases" to PostgreSQL lists, and watch things
emerge from there...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/languages.html