Release Notes?

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Release Notes?
Date: 2007-09-14 20:57:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

In the interests of doing things more useful than arguing about names,
is it getting about time to start constructing 8.3 release notes?

Let me note that a pretty nice list of features is being collected here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/WhatsNew83

I suspect Robert Treat and I will both be "reaping" this for material
for forthcoming speaking engagements:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/OHLF
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/ONLF

There's *plenty* of stuff that is now long committed; I expect we're
getting pretty much to the point where the number of new items that
can make it in (ergo: rework) will be pretty small, and not involve
terribly much rework.

Would it make any sense to work on this on the page in the wiki?
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/WhatsNew83
And then macro-ize it into SGML for inclusion in release notes?
--
output = reverse("ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/linuxdistributions.html