Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2
Date: 2005-06-28 15:48:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org> writes:
> There are essentially four choices:

Aside:

I suppose there are as many possible choices as there are bytecode
compiled systems out there.  One could consider Icon, CLISP, Python,
PHP, OCAML, CMU/CL, all of which have bytecode compilers.

But none of those VMs are particularly intended to be reused/abused
for other purposes; they were designed for the convenience of the
respective language implementors.

Mind you, the Icon VM is probably pretty stable by now :-).
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html