Re: pending patch: Re: HS/SR and smart shutdown

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pending patch: Re: HS/SR and smart shutdown
Date: 2010-03-31 00:47:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I rebased the patch to HEAD. Is the patch still required for 9.0?
> If not, I'd remove the open item of the smart shutdown during
> recovery.

I am by no means an expert on this area of the code, but in the
interest of moving things along I reviewed this patch tonight.

1. I wonder if there is a problem if we receive SIGINT while in the
PM_WAIT_READONLY state?  Seems to me that might need to be added to
the if statement beginning at line 2212, in pmdie().

2. It appears to me that HandleChildCrash() needs to switch to
PM_WAIT_BACKENDS state if it's in PM_WAIT_READONLY when the child
crash occurs - i.e. the if statement beginning at line 2772 needs
updating.

Thoughts?

...Robert