Re: visibility maps and heap_prune

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: visibility maps and heap_prune
Date: 2010-02-26 03:29:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Whatever happened to this?  It was in the first 9.0 commitfest but was
> returned with feedback but never updated:
>
>        https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=75

Well, the patch author chose not to pursue it.  It's clearly far too
late now, at least for 9.0.

I'm pleased to see that you're not finding many patches that just
completely slipped through the cracks - seems like most things were
withdrawn on purpose, had problems, and/or were not pursued by the
author.  I think the CommitFest process has done a pretty good job of
making sure everything gets looked at.  The only small chink I see is
that there may be some patches (especially small ones or from
first-time contributors) which escaped getting added to a CommitFest
in the first place; and we don't really have a way of policing that.
Usually someone replies to the patch author and suggests adding it to
the next CF, but I can't swear that that happens in every case.

...Robert