Re: Dividing progress/debug information in pg_standby, and stat before copy

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dividing progress/debug information in pg_standby, and stat before copy
Date: 2010-01-26 14:18:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> From a user point-of-view, it might be simplest to provide a
> "restore_directory" option, besides restore_command, and handle the copy
> ourselves.

Well, that might not handle all possible use cases -- of course, it
could be there as a sort of "fast path" for people for simple cases.
But I think we should get some more experience with what we have
before we add too many bells and whistles (that might turn out not to
be as useful as we thought).

...Robert