Re: BUG #5210: error in intidb process when installing on japanese

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: maithili manur <maithili(dot)manurkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5210: error in intidb process when installing on japanese
Date: 2009-12-08 04:10:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:24 AM, maithili manur
<maithili(dot)manurkar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Please find attached the screenshots. The first two are screenshots of the
> installtions process and the last one is where it fails.
>
> The environment is such :
> The machine on which postgres 8.2 is being installed is Win 2K3 Japanese OS,
> with hostname in japanese. This machine is under a domain, which has a
> japanese name. The machine with the active directory is also a Win2K3
> Japanese OS.
> I have logged into the machine where we are installing it with
> administrative rights on the domain.
>
> The same use case works with a Win2K3 English OS on an English domain.

So you're saying it works in English but fails in Japanese? That
sounds like some kind of a locale/encoding problem, but unfortunately
I know very little about that topic in general and absolutely nothing
with respect to WIndows. Anyone else have a clue?

...Robert