Re: Wrong default values of columns

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andre Rothe <phosco(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong default values of columns
Date: 2009-09-17 17:41:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Andre Rothe <phosco(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:
> The problem is, that I get the default values from a metadata query
> with JDBC,
> so I have to parse every return value for such an annotation before I
> can
> use them.

That sounds annoying, but it's not a PostgreSQL bug.

> So it seems that I could change the jdbc driver to a newer version. I
> use the
> PostgreSQL 8.1 JDBC3 with SSL (build 407).

I don't really know anything about the JDBC driver, but the closest
thing I see here:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/

...is a link to
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar, with
a date of 23-May-2006.  So yeah, updating might be a good idea.  If
you're still on PG 8.1, updating that might be a REALLY good idea,
though it probably won't do anything for you on this particular issue.

I would suggest asking on pgsql-jdbc; not too many jdbc folks reading
this list, AFAICT.

...Robert