CommitFest 2009-09 Plans and Call for Reviewers

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest 2009-09 Plans and Call for Reviewers
Date: 2009-09-10 01:13:40
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-rrreviewers
Folks,

CommitFest 2009-09 is now only days away!  I have been having
discussions with a number of people, and the result of those
discussions is that I have agreed to manage the next CommitFest
insofar as patch assignment is concerned.  Selena Deckelmann, Stephen
Frost, and Brendan Jurd have agreed to assist with what we're calling
patch-chasing: that is, making sure that discussions around a patch
don't die, and that it gets marked as Commited, Returned with
Feedback, or Rejected in a timely fashion, so that the CommitFest
overall gets closed out in a timely fashion.  We're tentatively
looking at dividing up responsibility for patch-chasing by topic, as
follows:

Brendan Jurd: SQL Features, Procedural Languages
Stephen Frost: Security, Contrib, Miscellaneous
Selena Deckelmann: Performance, Clients

Hopefully this plan is acceptable to everyone.  If not, please feel
free to reply here.

And that brings me to the next topic.  Although I have received many
endorsements of the way that I managed the last CommitFest, for which
I am grateful, I think that the real key to a good CommitFest is to
have a good group of reviewers.  We had an excellent group of
reviewers for the last CommitFest and I am hoping that all of those
people will volunteer again.  Of course, we also need new reviewers!

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers
And of course my personal favorite:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/5/58/11_eggyknap-patch-review.pdf

Please send me an email (without copying the list) if you are
available to review; feel free to include any information that might
be helpful in assigning you an appropriate patch.

...Robert