Re: Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kushal Vaghani <kushalvaghani(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research
Date: 2009-08-24 03:05:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Kushal Vaghani<kushalvaghani(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have downloaded and built the 8.2.4 postgreSQL from source. This was done
> by running the build.bat file under src\tools\msvc. I do get a few errors
> with some contrib projects, but I do not care about them.
>
> When i do install(install.pl), there is a destination directory created. Now
> my question is how do i run postgreSQL from within here. Is there a command
> line script etc. for this ? Or how can i connect it to pgADMin i.e. the new
> exe as well as bki file.

I think you are posting to the wrong mailing list.

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

The description of this list is: "The PostgreSQL developers team lives
here. Discussion of current development issues, problems and bugs, and
proposed new features. If your question cannot be answered by people
in the other lists, and it is likely that only a developer will know
the answer, you may re-post your question in this list. You must try
elsewhere first!"

You should probably try this question on pgsql-general or
pgsql-novice, but at a guess, you're going to need to run the initdb
program to initialize your database cluster, and then pg_ctl to fire
up the server.

...Robert