Round-Robin Reviewers Needed

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Round-Robin Reviewers Needed
Date: 2009-07-04 03:43:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

All,

We are very much in need of round-robin reviewers for the next
CommitFest. If you're wondering whether you are qualified to be a
round-robin reviewer, the answer is almost certainly yes. In fact,
there's a good chance that the answer is yes even if you are pretty
sure you aren't qualified. Basically, you just need to be able to
download the patch, apply it, and test it, starting with the
regression tests ("make check") and moving on from there. If you can
read the code, that is better, but not required. There is a good
introduction to the subject here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers

My favorite introduction to the subject, though, is this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/5/58/11_eggyknap-patch-review.pdf

(just don't stop reading before you get to slide 26)

If you are are available to review one or more patches for the
CommtFest beginning 7/15, please send me an email (no need to copy the
list) and let me know. It would be helpful if you could let me know
whether you're comfortable testing on Windows, whether you have access
to substantial hardware for performance testing, and any other
information that might be helpful to me in assigning you a patch
that's a good fit for your skillset.

(I will be out of town this week so there may be a delay in responding
to emails, but I should have sporadic access and will in any event be
back in time to get things organized by the fifteenth.)

Thanks in advance to all who volunteer!

...Robert