explain analyze rows=%.0f

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: explain analyze rows=%.0f
Date: 2009-05-29 01:30:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I have always assumed that there is some very good reason why EXPLAIN
ANALYZE reports the number of rows as an integer rather than a
floating point value, but in reading explain.c it seems that the
reason is just that we decided to round to zero decimal places.  Any
chance we could reconsider this decision?  I often find myself wanting
to know the value that is here called ntuples, but rounding
ntuples/nloops off to the nearest integer loses too much precision.

(Before someone mentions it, yes that would be a good thing to include
in XML-formatted explain output.  But I don't see that including a
couple of decimal places would hurt the text output format either.)

...Robert

Next:From: andyDate: 2009-05-29 02:45:32