Re: status of remaining patches

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: status of remaining patches
Date: 2009-03-08 05:03:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> * Proposal of PITR performance improvement. Fujii Masao posted an
>> updated version of this patch.  I believe it has yet to be reviewed by
>> a committer.
>
> Has it been reviewed by anybody?  There's no trace of reviewing work
> on the commitfest page.  Personally I've been ignoring it on the
> assumption that someone else should review it first.

Yes.

The original patch was submitted by Koichi Suzuki - quite a few other
people have looked at it and provided comments. Simon Riggs was
assigned as the original reviewer, but for some reason Dave Page
removed his name from the wiki a few days ago (I'm fixing this now).
Actually, this patch has been reviewed by a whole slough of people.

V1:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/87fxmhc7sc.fsf@oxford.xeocode.com
(Greg Stark)
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/490703B6.9060203@enterprisedb.com
(Heikki Linnakangas - I forgot about this when I made my previous
statement that it hadn't been looked at by a committer yet; this was a
while ago)
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1225269154.3971.278.camel@ebony.2ndQuadrant
(Simon Riggs)

V2:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1228145754.20796.311.camel@hp_dx2400_1
(Simon Riggs)
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/3f0b79eb0812022255v45cbbfaau292f5320620eddb9@mail.gmail.com
(Fujii Masao)

V3:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/87hc4qrw5e.fsf@oxford.xeocode.com
(quick comment from Greg Stark, no formal review)

V4:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20090114101659.89CD.52131E4D@oss.ntt.co.jp
(Itagaki Takahiro)
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/8763k3lgyy.fsf@oxford.xeocode.com
(Greg Stark)

As far as I can tell the patch author has responded to all comments
and pretty much done everything right. I haven't even looked at it
enough to understand what it does or why I should care, but AFAICS
it's had more interest and more reviewing than 90% of what was
submitted for this CommitFest.

...Robert